General Management and Communication Skills Course
The GMCS-II Course aims to equip the students to the profession with some essential skills, such as-
- To sharpen communication and presentation skills
- To develop inter-personal and leadership skills
- To provide an understanding of contemporary business environment and opportunities
- To prepare the student for a career either in employment or in practice, by coaching them to be adaptable and accountable
A student can undergo GMCS before applying for membership of the Institute
A student is eligible to undergo GMCS Course provided he/she –
- Has registered for Articled Training on or after 1st May, 2012
- Has completed GMCS-I Course during first 12 months of practical training Or
- has registered in articleship before 1st May, 2012 and required to undergo GMCS.
Students can undergo 4-weeks Residential Programme on Professional Skills Development in lieu of GMCS by paying the required fee.
The duration of the course is 15 days full time. Classes are held for 6 hours each day for 6 days a week (15 days X 6 hours per day = 90 hours).
4. Teaching Methodology:
Multiple methods including lectures, case studies, presentations, group discussions, management games, projects, mock interviews etc. should be used.
The fees shall not exceed Rs.5500/- per student on non-residential basis inclusive of course, study material, tea/refreshment.
DD in favour of “Pune Branch of WIRC –GMCS” payable at Pune.
6. Attendance :
Students are required to complete the course without discontinuity.
7. Exemption of fee for Disabled Students:
Students, suffering from 50% or above disability of permanent nature are exempted from payment of fee and compulsorily attending GMCS-II Course. Such students can either opt to (i) attend all the classes or (ii) appear in two test papers of 3 hours each after a period of 15 days from the date of registration after thoroughly studying the Background Material. In case, the student opts to take the tests, the organizing Branch/Regional Council may contact the Director, Board of Studies to obtain test papers.
The following shall be regarded as disability-
1. Blindness – “Blindness” refers to a condition where a person suffers from any of the following conditions, namely:
- total absence of sight;
- visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 (snellen) in the better eye with correcting lenses; or
- limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of 20 degree or worse.
2. Low vision – “Low vision” means a person with impairment of visual functioning even after treatment or standard refractive correction but who uses or is potentially capable of using vision for the planning or execution of a task with appropriate assistive device.
3. Leprosy cured – “Leprosy cured” means any person who has been cured of leprosy but is suffering from
- loss of sensation in hands or feet as well as loss of sensation and paresis in the eye and eye-lid but with no manifest deformity;
- manifest deformity and paresis but having sufficient mobility in their hands and feet to enable them to engage in normal economic activity;
- extreme physical deformity as well as advanced age which prevents him from undertaking any gainful occupation, and the expression “leprosy cured” shall be constructed accordingly.
4. Hearing impairment – “Hearing impairment” means loss of sixty decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies.
5. Locomotors disability – “Locomotors disability” means disability of the bones, joints or muscles leading to substantial restriction of the movement of the limbs or any form of cerebral palsy.
6. Permanent and total loss of voice – a disabled student has to submit a certificate of suffering from disability, certified by a physician / surgeon / oculist working in a Government hospital, as the case may be.
8. Click here for Application Form www.icaionlineregistration.org
GMCS office & venue is as follows:-
Pune Branch of WIRC of ICAI
Phadke Sankul, 1785, 3rd Floor,
Above Phadke Dining Hall,
Khajina Vihir Chowk, Near S. P. College,
Off Tilak Road, Pune- 411 030.