I am glad to communicate with you through the first e-newsletter of Pune Branch. Henceforth I will keep communicating with you through electronic medium.
ICAI came up with an idea to publish e-newsletter from the month of June and we decided to support the endeavor of the ICAI. This is a welcome step in true sense to save the costs of paper, postage and mainly in support of “Go Green” movement.
To give you overview about the new initiatives taken by the branch, I am happy to state some of the initiatives here –
- Brand Building – We realized that we lack in brand building of the ICAI and thus less recognized by the public at large. To create the same we decided to publicize the activities of Pune Branch of ICAI through various medias and mediums. The branch started circulating stationary for the conferences and seminars with its logo or name on it. We started keeping ties and tiepins bearing logo of the WIRC and ICAI for sale at the conferences. We request members to use the same regularly which will certainly help in creating a brand of the ICAI. We have also started sending the newsletter to all other institutions, government offices, income tax, service tax, sales tax, judges of various courts, political leaders and MLAs, police department, etc
- Increased interaction with Government Departments – We increased the frequency of interaction with all Revenue Departments by inviting them to the programs, having interactive meetings with them. The purpose of these interactions is to understand the problems at both the ends and ultimate resolution of the same.
I am very much thankful to you for your overwhelming response to all the programs conducted by the branch especially DTRC and IDTRC.
We are celebrating our FOUNDATION DAY on 1st July 2016. Please note the events of the Day as follows –
- Flag hoisting at the branch office at 9.30 am
- Tree plantation jointly with “Vasundhara Foundation”. They are targeting planting of 2 crore plants in the month of July. To support their movement the branch decided to plant at least 2000 plants on 1st July at NIBM. We are thankful to Vasundhara Foundation for arranging buses, plants and doing all arrangements on the site. We are planned to plant lot of trees in and around the premises of Pune Branch.
- For the first time we have organized photography/ painting competition and exhibition for the members and students at Tilak Smarak Mandir.
- Another novel feature of the day’s Programe will be an item called “Entertain the audience in 5 to 7 minutes” by using your talents. This competition is open for members and students at Tilak Smarak Mandir between 10 and 1 am
- Blood donation camp with free health check up for members and students, which includes 7 major tests.
- The cultural evening for members and students is organized at Tilak Smarak Mandir from 5 pm onwards. You would enjoy the professional performances of the members in this program. Members are invited with family. Only CA Students are invited. Its my pleasure to announce that separate sitting arrangements would be done for the members. Also the food counters would be kept separate for the members and students.
As curtain-raiser activities, we are planning to have Sports matches for badminton, table tennis, chess, carrom on 26th June at COEP. Also we are holding matches of Football on 8, 9 and 10 July.
I request all the members to take part in all the activities conducted on the occasion of foundation day in big numbers. The details of all the programs would be hosted on the website. I am sure that all the members would take part in all the activities very enthusiastically.
IVRS system at the branch is now fully functional.
ISA batch – We have started the ISA batch recently, and looking at the demand, we have placed request for another batch to start in the month of October.
The branch is hosting Women CA’s National Conference for the first time in Pune on 27th and 28th August 2016 at Hotel Le Meridian. Women CAs from all over India would join the same. The conference will be marked with some unique ideas, themes, topic selections, paper presentations. The details of the same are hosted on the website of the branch. I request all lady members to participate and register for the same and my male friends to motivate their female colleagues to attend the same to make the conference historical.
Thank you very much.
CA. REKHA DHAMANKAR